Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Transworld Skate Awards

The Transworld Skate Awards went down at the Avalon in Hollywood on Friday. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Hollywood, especially douchebag clubs like the Avalon, but it was the Transworld Skate Awards, so I made an exception. I met up with Anthony and Jules, who were kind enough to let me in the V.I.P. line so I didn't have to wait with the peasants (thanks guys).
We walked right through all the dopey red carpet garbage and went inside for a beverage. The pre-party was mellow, with musical enjoyment provided by Ray Barbee's band.











It was a packed house, as usual, so if you didn't get there early, you were probably waiting outside for days.














I even saw a few Willy's Workshop fitteds scattered around the place (I know it's a shameless plug & a terrible photo)














Anyway, the Event was hosted by Chris Pastras (here with Clyde Singleton)














and the first award was presented by Slash, Muska, & Nuge













for Best Rookie, which went to Silas Baxter-Neal.

Lakai won Best Video for "Fully Flared" (no big surprise)














and Guy Mariano won pretty much everything else (Street, Video Part, & Reader's Choice)










































Oh, and Tony Hawk won the Legend Award, presented by last years winner Lance Mountain. Check Transworld for the complete breakdown of the awards. And here's a photo of Daewon & Kareem (just because).














The awards were followed by the premier of Transworld's newest video "And Now". The video is legit, no joke. In fact, the crowd went apeshit when technical difficulties caused the movie to crap out halfway through. It got fixed though and rewound so that nothing was missed. My favorite parts were Dave Gravette, Richie Jackson, and Nick Trapasso, but pick it up when it comes out and judge for yourself.

There was an afterparty upstairs in the Spider Club














but I only hung out for a bit since I had to get up early on Saturday.

Good times though.

-Dan

**Oh, and I heard the Celtics made the Lakers look like a high school team last night. Alex is probably bummed, haha.**