Tuesday, July 1, 2008

House of Blues

This past Friday June 27th 2008 I got the privilege to go backstage at one of the illest LA based hip hop shows you can ever go to: Dilated Peoples, Aceyalone, 88 Keys, Alchemist, with guest appearances by Chali 2na and Defari. The show was at the House of Blues, also known as the House of No Cameras Allowed, but I snuck mine in anyways.


Aceyalone right after his performance and right before my short term memory stop working














Yes, it's blatant logo placement









Once I dealt with all the bullshit outside, I headed straight backstage where anything goes and there was plenty of free Hennessy. After a few too many drinks and about an eighth of kush (thanks Alchemist), I stumbled my way to the stage to watch Aceyalone perform. I did try and get a video clip of him, but security wasn’t having it. But I’m slicker than them and VIP pass also means you get to watch the show from back stage... or rather, on stage, so I snuck in a few shots from backstage. After Aceyalone did his thing, Dilated completely killed it!!!!! Here's a little clip of them performing Love and War.

I only got to see the first part and ending part of their performance though, because halfway through the performance Aceyalone and I decide to go upstairs for a quick “break”. After Dilated was done we all headed back up stairs for one last drink before heading out. What a way to spend my birthday, backstage at the House of Pricks watching some legit LA hip hop! Thanks to Big Kid, Babs, Raka, Evidence, Aceyalone and Alchemist for hooking me up.


One of the all time illest producers, Alchemist, rocking Crooks and Castles










Oh yeah it wasn’t just fun and games either, we’ve got some surprises in the works for a few future projects. So keep an eye out!!!

-Nam